DUBLIN, January 6, 2022 / PRNewswire / – The “United States Eyewear Market, By Product Type (Sunglasses, Eyeglasses, Contact Lenses, Sports Eyewear, Other (Safety and Protective Eyewear, Clear Eyewear)), By User final (unisex, female, male), By distribution channel, by region, competition forecast and opportunities, the 2026 report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The eyewear market in the United States is valued at approximately $ 25 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at an increasing rate of 5.64% during the forecast period to reach 34.78 billion USD by 2026.
The eyewear market in United States is driven by the huge demand for luxury eyewear and the increase in visual disturbances. Eye disorders are caused by increased exposure of the eyes to the digital screen for long hours and some may have this problem since childhood or are hereditary.
In addition, direct sunlight also causes itching in the eyes and direct exposure to UV rays is harmful to the eyes. Thus, it is recommended by doctors to wear sunglasses. However, many people use prescription glasses when driving, reading a book, or watching TV because they provide visual comfort. However, increasing disposable income, changing tastes and preferences, and changing fashion industry are boosting the sunglasses market in United States.
The eyewear market in the United States is segmented on the basis of product type, end user, distribution channel, region and company. In terms of product type, the eyewear market in the United States is further divided into sunglasses, eyeglasses, contact lenses, sports eyewear and others.
Of these, sunglasses held the largest market share of around 46% in 2020, as sunglasses are considered an important fashion accessory by most of the people. In addition, sunglasses protect debris in the eye from the wind which carries several tiny particles. However, the contact lens segment is growing the fastest because it provides better eye comfort. Contact lenses provide some comfort to the wearer because vapor, fog and dust particles do not become an obstacle to vision.
Based on the end user, the eyewear market in the United States is divided into unisex, women and men. Among these, the unisex eyewear segment dominates and the fastest growing segment in United States Eyewear market. The distribution channel segment is further segmented into specialty stores, online, clothing stores, supermarkets / hypermarkets and others.
Of these, specialty stores held the largest share of around 49% in 2020, as people generally prefer to buy glasses and sunglasses from specialty stores as they carry a wide variety of lenses, frames, and sunglasses. of models. Specialty stores offer eye exams so people don’t have to rush to the doctor to have their lens number changed, and this practice attracts most consumers to specialty stores.
Based on region, the US eyewear market is segmented into South, West, Mid-West, and North-East. Among these, the southern region of United States holds the largest share of United States Eyewear market due to its large population.
Goal of the study:
- To analyze the historical growth of the United States eyewear market market size from 2016 to 2020.
- Estimate and forecast the market size of the US eyewear market from 2021 to 2026 and the growth rate to 2026.
- To classify and forecast the United States eyewear market on the basis of product type, end user, distribution channel, region, and company.
- Examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers and acquisitions, etc., in United States Eyewear market.
- To identify the dominant region or segment in United States Eyewear market.
- Identify the drivers and challenges of the eyewear market in the United States.
- Identify and analyze the profile of the main actors operating in United States Eyewear market.
- Identify the main sustainable strategies adopted by market players in United States Eyewear market.
The main players operating in United States The eyewear market is
- EssilorLuxottica SA
- Bausch Health Companies Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson Services Inc.
- Alcon Vision LLC
- Cooper Companies Inc.
- Safilo SpA Group
- Carl Zeiss Meditec SA
- Hoya Company
- Menicon Co., Ltd.
- Zenni Optics, Inc.
Scope of the report:
Years considered for this report:
- Historical years: 2016-2019
- Baseline year: 2020
- Estimated year: 2021E
- Forecast period: 2022F-2026F
Eyewear Market in United States, by Product Type:
- Sun glasses
- Contact lenses
- Sports glasses
- Others (safety and protective glasses, transparent glasses)
Eyewear Market in United States, By End User:
Eyewear market in the United States, by distribution channel:
- Specialty stores
- In line
- Clothes shop
- Supermarkets / Hypermarkets
- Others (counter stores, makeup and beauty stores)
Eyewear Market in United States, By Region:
- Where is
Main topics covered:
1. Product overview
2. Research methodology
3. Impact of COVID-19 on the eyewear market in the United States
4. Executive summary
5. Voice of the customer
6. US Eyewear Market Outlook
7. US Sunglasses Market Outlook
8. US Eyewear Market Outlook
9. US Contact Lens Market Outlook
10. US Sports Eyewear Market Outlook
11. Market dynamics
12. Market trends and developments
13. Political and regulatory landscape
14. Economic Profile of the United States
15. Competitive landscape
16. Strategic recommendations
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/bc4rf
Research and markets
Laura Wood, senior
For EST office hours, call + 1-917-300-0470
For USA / CAN call toll free + 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours, call + 353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside the United States): + 353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets