It is more and more popular to make online purchases for eye care, such as buying glasses.
Seeing clearly is vital for everyday life. Read on to find out if AC Lens eye care brand is the right option for your eyes.
AC Lens has been selling eye care online since the wee days of the Internet in 1996.
Their original focus was on contact lenses, and AC Lens was one of the first online contact lens suppliers. Today, they sell a variety of eyewear products beyond contact lenses, including eyeglasses, sunglasses, readers, and eye care accessories.
- Economic. AC Lens offers a range of options at very different prices. There is something for all budgets.
- Data confidentiality. They use SSL encryption and DigiCert Secure Site privacy standards on their website.
- Longevity. AC Lens has been around for 25 years.
- One stop shop. In addition to contact lenses, you can purchase cleaning solution and other eye care products.
- No test available. There is no virtual try-on option for the glasses.
- Shipping fees. You must spend at least $ 99 to qualify for free shipping.
- Mixed reviews on customer service. A few reviews say it is difficult to get good service.
AC Lens specializes in contacts. They offer many brands of contact lenses of different types, including:
- daily, weekly and monthly disposables
- colored contacts
- lenses for astigmatism
They also offer a wide selection of eye care products, like
- Solution for contact lenses
- computer vision aids
- dry and red eye treatments
- swimming goggles.
AC Lens sells eyewear and sunglasses for women, men and children. They also sell reading glasses and computer glasses. All frames are available in a variety of shapes, colors and styles.
Prices vary depending on what you buy. Mosey at the sales section to get even cheaper glasses or frames.
Check out the banner at the top of the site for a promo code for new customers, for 20% off.
Lens prices vary wildly depending on the brand, type, and whether you need special lenses (for example, toric lenses for astigmatism).
Each box of contact lenses costs around $ 21.99 to $ 91.99.
Glasses also have a wide range of costs, depending on:
- Glasses and prescription. Plastic single vision lenses are included for most frames sold by AC Lens, but not all. You can find lenses for as low as $ 19.95, as well as some that cost over $ 200.
- Frames and brand. Popular and trendy frames usually cost around $ 50.
- Coatings and additional features. You can add upgrades, like blue light blocking for $ 19, transitions for $ 79.99, or a solar tint for $ 5.
So a basic pair of glasses can cost as little as $ 39.95, or $ 400 + with more sophisticated frames and additions.
Reading glasses are simpler and more affordable. Options at AC Lens cost between $ 7.95 and $ 54.95. You can buy a pair of computer glasses for between $ 7.95 and $ 99.
Other eye care products
The cost of eye care products, such as contact lens solutions, appears to be comparable to drugstore prices.
Visit their site to see if you can get a deal on your favorite brands.
Does AC Lens accept insurance?
AC Lens is an off-grid provider for several vision insurance plans, including EyeMed and VSP.
After making your purchase, complete an off-grid reimbursement form, attach your itemized receipt, and submit it to your insurance.
Check this page for more details on AC lenses and vision insurance.
AC Lens is an exclusively online business. The website is easy to navigate, with drop-down menus where you can choose from a list of types of glasses and eye care brands.
Because they offer so many products, product reviews are scattered all over the site. If you see yellow stars below an item description, click them to read customer reviews.
Ordering on the site is fairly straightforward and comparable to other online eyewear sites.
For corrective lenses and glasses, you will need a current prescription from your eye doctor.
For glasses, you will need to know your pupillary distance (PD), which is the distance between your pupils. If you don’t know your PD, use this AC lens guide to measure it.
Steps to follow to order on AC Lens:
- Choose your contacts or executives.
- Enter your prescription.
- Add improvements, if necessary.
- Add to Cart.
- Place your order.
AC Lens offers free standard shipping on all eyewear and all other orders over $ 99. Otherwise, you will pay $ 5.99 for shipping orders under $ 99.
Here’s what you can expect:
- You will receive your order within 5-7 business days for contact lenses, sunglasses, accessories and frames only. Or, you will receive prescription glasses within 9-14 business days.
- Expedited shipping is available for $ 8.99. You will receive your order within 3-4 business days for contact lenses, sunglasses, accessories and frames only. Or you will receive prescription glasses within 7-11 business days.
AC Lens benefits from free return shipping. Contact customer service for a free return shipping label.
Within 5 days of receiving your return, AC Lens will inspect the product and then let you choose between a refund to your original payment method or a replacement shipped for free.
AC Lens has an A + Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating, and they have been BBB accredited since 2001.
Consumer reviews on Trustpilot Average of 3.1 stars out of 5 based on 10 reviews.
Some of these reviews are rave about the quality of customer service, while others say the service is terrible.
In general, there aren’t too many recent reviews. There is a notice from March 2021 stating that the customer service experience was appalling. However, there are also recent positive reviews.
AC Lens was involved in a 2020 class action alleging that the company, and other eyewear retailers, “illegally entered into anti-competitive deals”.
The lawsuit was settled for $ 40 million, including $ 7 million from AC Lens.
Here are some other websites where you can buy the same products and services:
If you’re looking for glasses, readers, or contact lenses and want to get them online, AC Lens is a decent option.
There are good reviews from customers and not so good reviews. But the company has been around for 25 years, with many long-standing clients.
If you are specifically interested in trying an online contact lens company, or if you are unhappy with your current online option, you may want to consider trying AC Lens.
But if you’re looking for a modern, fresh, or different take on contact lens ordering, this isn’t it.