FORT WORTH, Texas – (COMMERCIAL THREAD) – Alcon (SIX / NYSE: ALC), the global leader in eye care dedicated to helping people see brilliantly, will present cutting-edge innovations and clinical research results at the American Academy of Optometry annual meeting (# Academy21) in Boston, Massachusetts, November 3-6, 2021. The meeting will mark the official launch of TOTAL30Â®, the first and only Water Gradient Monthly Replacement Contact Lens that looks unlike anything even on day 30,1 to the community of eye care professionals. Alcon’s engaging on-site program will include events and more than a dozen clinical presentations around their most important eye care products, including the portfolio of water surface technology permanent contact lenses, drops for dry eye and eye health, and innovations to come.
âYear after year, Alcon has delivered significant innovations across our eye care portfolio that help eye care professionals (ECP) connect unmet patient and practice needs with products that transform the eye. ‘industry,’ said Sean Clark, managing director, US Vision Care, Alcon. âWe are delighted to officially present TOTAL30 contact lenses to the optometry community at this year’s Academy meeting as an important option for their reusable lens patients looking for an experience. more comfortable wearing. Our program is packed with events focused on TOTAL30 and other important innovations that demonstrate our commitment to helping people see brilliantly.
TOTAL30 contact lenses will make its official debut with science presentations, an immersive ECP night and a goal test
In August, Alcon launched TOTAL30 Monthly Replacement Contact Lenses, which are clinically proven to look like nothing even on day 30.1 The science of glasses was born from the Water Gradient technology of DAILIES TOTAL1Â®. The following events will provide meeting attendees with hands-on experiences with lens design and science throughout the meeting:
- Nothing Science Lunch: Drs. Pamela Lowe and Erich Bauman. 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. ET. The presentation will take place at the Westin Boston Seaport (425 Summer St, Boston, MA 02210) in the Grand Ballroom B.
- The joy of nothing launch experience: Join us for an exciting and immersive launch event that will showcase the art and science behind TOTAL30’s Water Gradient and CELLIGENTÂ® technologies. Food and drink will be provided. November 4, 2021, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. ET at the Westin Boston Seaport in Grand Ballroom A. Register for the event here or visit Alcon booth # 813.
- Fitting the TOTAL30 lens: Stop by and see for yourself why TOTAL30 is set to be a game-changer in the reusable lens category and why it looks like nothing even on day 30. Visit Alcon booth # 813 during business hours opening of the exhibition hall.
In addition, several data presentations will take place on Thursday, November 4, 2021 on the efficacy and clinical performance of TOTAL30, including:
- Paper presentation: Antimicrobial Effectiveness of Contact Lens Care Products in Presence of Lehfilcon A Contact Lenses Presented by Dr. Manal M. Gabriel, 10:15 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. ET.
- Poster presentation: Consistent comfort, vision and handling performance of a new monthly replacement spherical contact lens over 3 months of daily wear. Presented by Dr. Holly Lorentz, 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. ET.
- Poster presentation: Clinical Performance Assessment of Lehfilcon A Monthly Replacement Toric Silicone Hydrogel Contact Lenses Presented by Dr. Stephen Montaquila, 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET.
- Poster presentation: Clinical performance of two spherical monthly replacement contact lenses. Presented by Dr. Gina Wesley, 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. ET.
Clinical and survey data confirm the effectiveness of PRECISION1 water surface technology
Several clinical studies will be presented on November 4, 2021, highlighting PRECISION1Â® and PRECISION1 for Astigmatism, Alcon’s day-to-day contact lenses, made with permanent water surface technology that maintains moisture on the lens surface for patient comfort.2 Data highlights include:
- Poster presentation: Assessment of comfort and evening vision with the daily disposable silicone hydrogel water surface lenses. Presented by Dr. Jennifer S. Fogt, 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. ET.
- Poster presentation: Practitioners are very satisfied with SMARTSURFACEÂ® TECHNOLOGY Daily disposable contact lenses. Presented by Dr. Timothy Grant, 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. ET.
- Poster presentation: Contact lens wearers are very satisfied with SMARTSURFACEÂ® TECHNOLOGY Daily disposable contact lenses. Presented by Dr. Timothy Grant, 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. ET.
- Poster presentation: Subjective performance of Verofilcon A daily disposable soft contact lens after 16 hours of wear. Presented by Dr. Colton M. Heinrich, 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. ET.
- Poster presentation: Assessing the Satisfaction of Eyecare Professionals and Consumers in the United States with Verofilcon A Disposable Silicone Hydrogel Contact Lenses for Astigmatism. Presented by Dr. Carla Mack, 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. ET.
- Poster presentation: Evaluation of the wearing experience with water surface lenses in current wearers of planned silicone hydrogel replacement lenses. Presented by Dr. Ryan Rutshilling, 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. ET.
- Poster presentation: Patient and PCE Satisfaction Survey with New Daily Disposable Toric Contact Lens. Presented by Dr. Inma Perez-Gomez, 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. ET.
New Clinical Findings Confirm Effectiveness of Alcon Dry Eye and Eye Portfolio Products
Alcon’s dry eye and eye health portfolio includes over-the-counter solutions and in-office devices, such as SystaneÂ® iLuxÂ®, PatadayÂ® Once Daily Relief Extra Strength, and a variety of other brands, that support eye surface health, dry eyes, symptom relief of allergic itchy eyes and more. Data highlights presented at # Academy21 include:
November 4, 2021
- Poster presentation: Thermal Pulsation System in the Treatment of Meibomian Gland Dysfunction: A 12-Month Prospective, Randomized, Prospective Controlled Trial. Presented by Dr. David Kading, 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. ET.
- Poster presentation: Understanding the differences in comfort between Pataday Once Daily Relief Extra strength and Visine^ Multi-action eye drops for allergy relief. Presented by Dr. Christopher Lievens, 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. ET.
November 5, 2021
- Poster presentation: Understanding the differences in eye comfort between Pataday Once Daily Relief Extra strength and Alaway^. Presented by Dr. Amy Logan, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. ET.
Expanding portfolio will deliver industry innovations for unmet patient and practice needs
In addition to the highlighted products and the science mentioned above, Alcon is expanding its portfolio in 2022 with exciting new products including:
- DAILIES TOTAL1 for astigmatism, the highly anticipated toric lens born from DAILIES TOTAL’s Water Gradient lens technology1 spherical and multifocal lenses.
SystaneÂ® Complete Multi-Dose Preservative Free, an all-in-one eye drop that relieves symptoms of dry eye for eight hours3 in a preservative-free formulation.
An improved dry eye device system that treats Meibomian gland dysfunction.
In addition, Alcon recently acquired the exclusive rights to commercialize Simbrinza in the United States.Â® (brinzolamide / brimonidine tartrate ophthalmic suspension) 1% / 0.2%, a fixed combination indicated for the reduction of elevated intraocular pressure (IOP) in patients with open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension.
Visit Alcon booth # 813 for important information on Alcon’s innovative products featured in this release.
Caution Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the safe harbor provisions of the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements may be identified by words such as: “anticipate”, “have l ‘intention’, ‘commitment’, ‘look to the future’, ‘maintain’, ‘plan’, ‘objective’, ‘seek’, ‘believe’, ‘plan’, ‘estimate’, ‘wait’, ‘a strategy, “” the future “,” likely “,” may “,” should “,” will “and similar references to future periods.
Forward-looking statements are neither historical facts nor assurances of future performance. Instead, they are based solely on our current beliefs, expectations and assumptions about the future of our business, our future plans and strategies, and other future conditions. Because forward-looking statements relate to the future, they are subject to inherent risks and uncertainties that are difficult to predict. Some of these factors are discussed in our filings with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, including our Form 20-F. In particular, our expectations could be affected by uncertainties regarding the success of our separation and spin-off from Novartis. If one or more of these uncertainties or risks materialize, or if the underlying assumptions turn out to be inaccurate, actual results may differ materially from those anticipated. Therefore, you should not rely on any of these forward-looking statements.
The forward-looking statements contained in this press release speak only as of the date it was filed, and we assume no obligation to update any forward-looking statements as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Alcon helps people see brilliantly. As a global leader in eye care with a heritage spanning more than seven decades, we offer the broadest portfolio of products to improve eyesight and improve people’s lives. Our surgical and vision care products touch the lives of more than 260 million people in more than 140 countries each year, living with conditions such as cataracts, glaucoma, retinal disease and refractive errors. Our more than 23,000 associates improve quality of life through innovative products, partnerships with eyecare professionals and programs that promote access to quality eye care. Learn more at www.alcon.com.
^ Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
In a clinical study in which patients (n = 66) used CLEAR CAREÂ® solution for overnight cleaning, disinfection and storage; Alcon data on file, 2021.
Cummings S, Giedd B, Pearson C. Clinical performance of a new daily disposable spherical contact lens. Optom Vis Sci. 2019; 96: E Abstract 195375.
Silverstein S, Yeu E, Tauber J, et al. Symptom relief after a single dose of propylene glycol-hydroxypropyl guar nanoemulsion in patients with dry eye disease: a multicenter phase IV trial. Clin Ophthalmol. 2020; 14: 3167-3177.
Connect with us on