Honolulu (KHON2) – Open registration is ongoing until December 7 for the HMSA Medicare Advantage plan.
âYou might be surprised at what you can get from $ 0 per month on Oahu and $ 40 per month on neighboring islands,â says Tina Sybinsky, senior HMSA plan sales advisor, who discussed the benefits that eligible seniors should consider when choosing their plan.
If you’re 65 or older and looking for a Medicare Advantage plan, now is the time to choose a plan for 2022. Medicare Advantage open enrollment is October 15 through December 7. Your health plan will start on January 1, 2022..
Once you reach age 65, you are eligible for original federal health insurance. This includes Medicare Part A, which pays hospital costs, and Medicare Part B, which pays medical costs. Original Medicare pays only a portion of your health care expenses. This is why many people buy a Medicare Advantage plan from private insurers to get more health plan benefits.
With HMSA Medicare Advantage, you’ll have an all-in-one plan for a monthly premium of $ 0. The plans include medical benefits, prescription drugs, and additional benefits.
With an HMSA Medicare Advantage plan, you will get:
* Your choice of doctors from our vast network of providers.
* Reliable, local customer service over the phone or in person.
* Telehealth convenience and security for $ 0, including online care from HMSA.
* Visual benefits that include a routine annual eye exam and $ 100 for glasses or contact lenses every two years.
* Benefits of the health plan when traveling in France or abroad.
* Fitness center membership, home fitness kit, health coaching, and access to online classes and videos with the Silver & Fit Healthy Aging and Exercise program.
* Affordable prescription drugs from pharmacies statewide that can be shipped to your home.
* And financial protection with an annual limit on how much you have to pay for Medicare-covered health expenses.
You can enroll if you are a resident of Hawaii with Medicare Part A and Part B and continue to pay your Part B premium.
HMSA MEDICARE ADVANTAGE
Neighboring islands: 800-693-4672